As soon as you step aboard Mariah Boat’s new 240Z, the high quality of the workmanship is apparent. And if you suspect that this is not just another sportboat, you’re right. It’s clear that Mariah has thought of just about everything- and included it. The only options are power package, seating arrangement, and tri-tone gelcoat hull. That’s it.
The 240Z we tested is a new cuddy version of Mariah’s existing 2350Z open-bow model. Starting with the helm station, she offers a power-assisted fiberglass-reinforced bucket helm seat with enough legroom for an NBA center. The starboard-side helm panel also holds the control for the electrically raised engine hatch, alongside the well-placed throttle control with built-in engine trim. Trim tab controls are also here and within easy reach.
The MerCruiser 454 Magnum powered our 240Z to 57 mph in our tests. Standard power-assisted steering permited one-finger control even at the top end, and she cut a turn in about a boat lenght even at mid-speed.
Hats off to Mariah 240Z
Space constraints barely let us scratch the surface of the near-unreal list of standard features, but here are a few highlights. Forward, the 240Z boasts a full double V-berth that provides a cozy place to beat the rain. The cabin comes complete with a self-contained toilet, opening hatch, plus two fixed ports per side. Outside, how about a molded-in anchor locker, a set of docking lights, and even a windshield wiper plus defogger.
The cockpit sole features a ski locker, dry locker, and ice chest with direct overboard drain, and there are more molded-in drink holders around than you’ll know what to do with. The custom fiberglass inwales even have built-in ashtrays! And what do you think about an integral swim platform with raw-water washdown and in-dash digital depth gauge with alarm? Mariah 240Z doesn’t miss a trick!
The Mariah’s price won’t appeal to everyone, but then this boat was never designed for everyone. With high quality construction and styling in an all-inclusive, ready-to-go package, the Mariah 240Z is a sportboat that really stands up and gets noticed.
- Base Price: N/A
- Standard Power: MerCruiser 5.0L
- Optional Power: MerCruiser: 5.7L, 5.8L, 7.4L Bravo, 350 Magnum, 454 Magnum
- Notable Standard Equipment: bilge pump, blower, S/S rails, boarding ladder, courtesy lights. Depthfinder, docking lights, compass, convertible top and boot, anchor locker, drink holders, windshield wiper
- Construction: 20 mils of gelcoat, 100-mil fiberglass skin, 100-mil fiberglass second layer sandwiching w/Coremat. Hand-laid woven roving on hull and deck, 1″ urethane foam sandwiched between fiberglass layers in hull sides
- Deadrise at Transom: 20°
- Warranty: 1-year limited; limited lifetime fiberglass hull
- Measurments: Loa: 23’4″ Beam: 8’6″ Draft: 23″
- Approx. Weight: 3,750 lbs.
- Freeboard: Fwd/Aft: 3’4″/3’0″
- Fuel/Water Capacity: 76 gal./N/A
- Options: MerCruiser 454 Magnum, trim tabs
- Propeller: 14 ¾21 3-blade stainless steel Mirage