Forester 1900 RIO GT was introduced in 1994 at the Chicago Marine Trades Show, and it’s now in full production and available in dealer showrooms everywhere.
Built for looks, speed, and performance, this boat handles like a dream. Her comfort and control are typical of a family boat while her performance is more representative of a sportboat. The Forester 1900 RIO GT handles well and needs but a light touch on the wheel to give you a feeling of control at all times. A standard tilt steering wheel allows operation while either sitting or standing.
The One You Will Fell In Love With
I noted no sign of ventilation in full throttle turns as long as the drive was properly trimmed. And on a very rainy windy test run, our test boat managed a top speed of 57 mph with one person and 130 pounds of fuel aboard. For that test she was powered by an optional MerCruiser 5.7L Alpha One (a MerCruiser 3.0L is standard) turning 4400 rpm at WOT with a 21-inch aluminium prop. Foreseter reports speeds close to 60 mph when equipped with 21-inch stainless prop.
The driver’s bucket-style seat was ergonomically positioned for maximum comfort and visibility. The curved dashboard features plenty of room for a full array of instrumentation and the steering wheel is easy for handling.
The Forester 1900 RIO GT’s European styling turns heads, whether she’s pulling skiers, simply cruising, or just sitting at the dock. It’s available in four exterior color combinations and all interior colors are fully coordinated with the exterior package. For practicality, the 1900 RIO GT has plenty pf built-in stowage, including an in-dash cooler.
Other standard equipment includes an AM/FM cassette stereo and a ski-tow ring. All hardware is stainless.
Constructed of top-grade materials (including Baltek 3⁄8” balsa core in the hull, and iso-N.P.G gelcoat), this boat seems truly built to last. That’s just one more reason why the Forester 1900 RIO GT is an all-around family boat.
Technical Specification of Forester 1900 RIO GT
- Base Price: N/A
- Standard Power: MerCruiser 3.0L
- Optional Power: MerCruiser 4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L 5.8L
- Notable Standard Equipment: bow anchor and rope stowage compartment, in-floor stowage, in-dash cooler, tilt steering wheel, ski tow ring, AM/FM cassette stereo, S/S hardware, hardtop
- Construction: marine-grade ISO-N.P.G. gelcoat w/low-shrink marine resin system; sandwiched hull laminate; 3⁄8” Baltek balsa core w/chopped roving and 18-oz. woven roving, hand-laid under and over the core w/Corematted hull sides; plywood is marine quality and all vinyls and carpets are of the highest grade available
- Deadrise at Transom: 20°
- Warranty: 5-year
- Measurments: Loa: 19’5″ Beam: 7’11” Draft: 14″
- Approx. Weight: 2,500 lbs.
- Freeboard: Fwd/Aft: 2’4″/1’11”
- Fuel/Water Capacity: 34 gal./0 gal.